Parents and Qatar Academy
QA aims to instill a desire to succeed, independence of thought and action, a sense of responsibility and a readiness to meet the demands of a rapidly changing world. To achieve these aims, we require the full support of all parents. Education is a partnership between teachers, parents, and students, whereby the learning processes initiated at school are maintained and encouraged at home. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) exists to support and coordinate parent involvement in school life to support a positive school community.
QA will consider any student who is at least three years old and not older than seventeen on 1 September of any academic year. No student will be denied entry on grounds of race, color, religion, or ethnic background.
Entry to all age groups at QA is by selection. The Admissions Committee uses screening tools at different grade levels to suit student developmental levels. This procedure is designed to assess the suitability of the applicant both academically and socially.
QA has a reputation for high academic standards so the entrance test is designed to select students of above average ability. All students must meet entry requirements for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Qualifications for entry to the Diploma course in Grade 11 are as follows:
For students enrolled in the MYP:
- For the Grade 10 year, an average of 4 or above for all classes with marks of 4 or above in Mathematics, English and Science.
- At least a 4 on the MYP Personal Project.
- MYP Community and Service requirements completed.
For more information please read the MYP General Regulations
For students entering grade 11 and the IB program:
- A 4.0 GPA in all MYP subjects, including Arts, Physical Education, Language A, Language B (if not taking two A languages), Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics, Technology, and Personal Project.
- At least a 3 in the Personal Project.
- Completion of all Community and Service requirements.
- No more than 18 days absent.
For more information please read the IB Diploma General Regulations
For students who have completed the GCSE/IGCSE:
- Passes at Grade C or above in a minimum of FIVE subjects including English, Mathematics and Science.
- Passing QA’s entrance test.
For other students:
- Evidence of competence in English and in native language (where applicable).
- Evidence of competence in Mathematics, Science and at least two other subjects.
Passing QA’s Entrance Test
All students must be registered by the Admissions Officer. Registration is not complete until the required forms have been completed and returned to school, and the appropriate have been fees paid. Prospective parents are always welcome to visit Qatar Academy by appointment through the Admissions Office.
For more information about becoming part of the Qatar Academy community, please take a look at the QA Prospectus