General Employment Information
Qatar Academy is a fully accredited IB World School. QA also holds accreditations from the U.S. based New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Council of International Schools (CIS).
A) All candidates must have a Bachelor degree from an accredited institution. All teachers being considered for specific positions should have the breadth and depth in the subject area for which they are being hired. Transcripts are to be reviewed for courses consistent with the grade level in which they will be teaching. Preference will be given to those with advanced degrees.
B) Teaching certification is required.
C) At least two years of teaching experience is required, preferably in an accredited primary, elementary or secondary school.
The above is dependent on the type of school or the position:
- IB experience is preferred.
- TESOL experience and/or an advanced training certificate is preferable.
- Special Education certification.
Benefits for International Hires
- Furnished housing
- International and local medical care
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- Annual return flight from home of record
- All tuition fees paid for dependents (up to four children ages 3-18 or until completion of high school ) who meet the admission standards and attend Qatar Academy
- Shipping allowance
- All utilities paid (such as water, electricity and garbage services are paid by Qatar Foundation,except long distance and mobile telephone calls)
- Arrangement of and payment for all visas and resident permits
- Tax-free salary
- One month's salary for every full year of service
- Professional development
- Access to Qatar Foundation fitness center and pools
- Currency fixed to the US Dollar